KENYA | TANZANIA | UGANDA | RWANDA | ETHIOPIA | NIGERIA | GHANA | SOUTH AFRICA | MOZAMBIQUE | ZAMBIA | ANGOLA | DR CONGO
A FMCG start-up in the bottled and drinking-water segment in Tanzania.
Bukoba Municipality, Tanzania
· Supervising and planning activities including receiving, warehousing, and transporting systems from headquarters and to service points and customers
· Providing support and feedback for development of new training and procedural manual
· Facilitating the Distribution team to develop and document best practice
· Take responsibility for the protection and distribution of company assets by:
· Complying with warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
· Managing inventory and ensuring inventory levels are controlled by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data storage system
· Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
· Maintaining physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
· Refining and implementing transportation strategy; supporting logistics officers in improvement of transportation methods and negotiation of transport contracts
· Provide leadership in coordinating between sales and distribution departments by facilitating strong inter-departmental communication, developing tools for collaboration between departments, and planning staffing according to department needs.
· Lead quality assurance processes including field evaluations, audits and up-training of service points.
· Follow financial and reporting policies, complete time sheets, project forms, financial forms and other administrative duties as required to fulfill the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Minimum 5 years of distribution experience; specifically, at the middle level.
· Experience of dealing with distributors or small business’s; FMCG experience an added advantage.
· Must know and understand advanced features of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and high level of customer service skills.
· Able to work in a highly-independent environment with strict deadlines and performance metrics.
· Experience managing outside agencies and vendors.
· Excellent sales and marketing track record.
· Strong people management and leadership skills.
· Transaction execution experience.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Good analytical skills.
· Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Send your CV (in Word format) titled with your Name via email with the Subject Line as “Distribution Manager” to jobs [at] genesisconsult.net not later than 30th April 2016. No phone calls please.
In your application, please specify:
i. Current Gross Salary with Benefits (if any); and
ii. Expected Gross Salary